Author of many books (including the bestsellers Being Peace, Living Buddha/Living Christ, The Miracle of Mindfulness and Peace Is Every Step), Thich Nhat Hanh has had a profound impact on contemporary thinking and, importantly, social action. His efforts to achieve an early peaceful end to the American war in Vietnam earned him a nomination for the Nobel Peace Prize by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and a forty year exile from his homeland. His ongoing work teaching reconciliation and meditation with war veterans, widows, orphans, refugees, therapists, activists, and ecumenical groups has gained him a large and respectful following around the world.
- Filmed on location in Plum Village, France; Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, DC; and at retreats around the U.S.
- Plus: rare archival footage from Vietnam detailing the work of his School of Youth for Social Service in the 1960s
- Appearances by Peter Matthiessen, Maxine Hong Kingston, Stephen Batchelor, Joan Halifax and other writers and activists
With DVD bonus feature:
- Touching Peace – An Evening With Thich Nhat Hanh
- Introduced by Joanna Macy (90 minutes)
52 min. + 90 min. bonus